Tuesday 13 April 2010

Spring is here?

I have been really busy photographically but as it is the Easter holidays, when I have been at home I haven't had much time to write up any of the shoots. Have had lots of nice walks up to the Tennyson, along Compton beach, Devil's Chimney and more, we have also been to Robin Hill on a few occasions and I have been lucky enough to photograph Steven Hain's birds (White Falconry). I have worked with Steven and his team on a few occasions and always enjoy the opportunity to get shoot his magnificent raptors and now a Vulture too. I have also spent a lot of time with some local Red Squirrels which has been great fun and have some really lovely images. I will cover the Falconry and the Red Squirrels in later blogs.

I had been hoping to capture the Hares boxing and some more spring action from them but the wonderful English weather changed again and we had a bit of a cold spell resulting in the Hares being very elusive. I glimpsed some boxing one early morning (image above shows the two in the middle but it was a split second of boxing and then all over) in the fog but since then the hares have been seen further a field.

I have found a couple more spots with hares but it seems I have missed mt opportunity again this year.On one morning I did manage to spend a few minutes watching a Kestrel hunting at Compton Bay and had managed to get quite close until some holiday makers saw me with my camera and came over to ask what I was photographing and the Kestrel moved on.

I also took a trip over to Blackwater to see the Little Owls but unfortunately it rained constantly the whole time. I did manage to photograph one of the birds but the light poor and it was cold and damp. I have been hoping to go back but it will have to wait until term time again.

I am still out and about following some Barn Owls but only seeing them when the light is very low, this has led me to find an old fox who seems to be not bothered with me so hope to get some good shots of him soon. These images were shot at iso 6400 as it was about 30 mins after sunset and very cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment